THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Coyle's Leadership

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coyle's Leadership

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Am I the only one that is even slightly nervous about him becoming manager?

I am excited at the prospect; however, I read on other messageboards all the fans' expectations and how we are going to win, win, win and that suddenly they expect/believe that we will suddenly and automatically begin playing this beautiful football from the get-go.

Personally, I don't see that happening; not yet anyway.

He isn't going to offload a bunch of players, I'd think, and won't be able to bring in too many right now, so we are counting on the players we have suddenly showing a different side to them, which I'm not sure all are capable of.

I hope that the fans aren't building up their expectations too soon.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Re: Coyle's Leadership

Post by jayjay23 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:48 am

I think, initially the boost of a new manager that happens usually will have an effect on the pitch.

coyle taking charge alone will have an effect on the fans and the atmosphere, coupled with the pitch boost will add even more.

even if we lose a few people will still blame megson because that is the way with the world and it i megsons players.

the momentum gained in the first couple of games (if all goes to plan) will see us move up the table and inspire the fans and the players further, that momentum will see us through a couple more games until coyles way of playing really starts to have an effect.

it could be right from the off though, if some reports are true then many of the players were unhappy playing megsons simple football and will relish the chance to be a bit more creative and show what they can do. it could be a dramatic difference in the way we play rght from the get go. it might not result in immediate points gain but it will keep the fans happy for now.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

I agree WENDY, this guy has not got a magic wand. ( no rude comments)

It will take time for him to assess the players and build the team he wants.

As we are already 11 days into the transfer period , he is going to have to work miracles to alter our current squad.

If we lose to ARSENAL, then it will be back down to earth for a lot of fans.
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislanz on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

I dont think we will see the best of O.C./our team until they have all done pre-season training,

And with a bit of hard work on the training ground we will still be in the prem.

Also we will see how good our good players are..............

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 am

He hasn't exactly got an easy start. 2 of the 3 league games are Arsenal and Liverpool with a passionate derby against Burnley in the middle. I think that we will get a point against Arsenal as we should be on a high plus they're missing their two best players, beat Burnley, beat QPR / Sheff Utd and then lose away at liverpool. Not a bad start at all. Here's hoping.

I don't think it's going to happen, far from it, but how good would be for Coyle to guide Bolton to the FA Cup final in his first season. Not even six months in the job. Stuff of fairytales! Get past the 4th round and get an 'easier' tie in the 5th and before you know it you're in the quarter finals and one games away from Wembley!

That would get us in Europe again too now that I think of it. Happy days indeed!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by laughtoe on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am

He's a tremendous young manager. We're in great shape. It was a dream appointment and i'm still pinching myself.
laughtoe
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

I'm with laughtoe, and so what if we lose to Arsenal so what, we will do so fighting them, trying to beat them and not being cowardly which I think will be enough for fans. Hurrah for Owen!

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by holty2 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 pm

We would have lost to arsenal anyway,We have not beat any of the big clubs under Megson, and never looked like doing. At least Coyle has the full backing of the fans from day one unlike Megson or sammy lee.
holty2
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Exactly, I really think in these cold conditions we have a chance against the southern girlies.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by holty2 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

I am very optimistic about the appointment of Coyle,I feared we would end up with jewell or worse.For me it is a similar feeling to when we brought Big sam in, everyone just knew the club was going places.
holty2
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the feeling is better, but then the bloke we have got rid of was the most hated manager we have ever had and OC is a higher profile manager.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

holty2 wrote:We would have lost to arsenal anyway,We have not beat any of the big clubs under Megson, and never looked like doing. At least Coyle has the full backing of the fans from day one unlike Megson or sammy lee.

Under Megson we beat Man United at home for the first time in 30 years...

That aside though, our record against the big teams has been shocking. It would be really nice to see a more gung-ho approach against some of these teams... they've been creaking and cracking this season, with them being under much more pressure than before. I'd really like to see us go to Anfield and take something. They are very ordinary this season (Torres aside, obviously) and it's been far too long since we last came away with even some pride intact - let's bloody have em this time!!!
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 pm

I want to be as hopeful as you all sound but it is my nature to be cautiously optimistic.

I know the fans will give him a pass on the Arsenal game, though I too think they are beatable at home. They hate to travel and hate the cold even more.

I'll feel a lot more confident if we were to beat Arsenal and Burnley and get a point at Liverpool (or skip the Anfield point and get the other 6 points). As stated above, Liverpool is somewhere we could go and get 1-3 points from this season, so you never know but we could get 9 points and then life is looking great.

Lose on Sunday though and it is still looking very bleak.

How great to listen to Coyle's interview instead of Megson. He just needs to slow down a bit so I can understand every word he is saying.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top