THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kevin Davies Out -

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kevin Davies Out -

Post by jayjay23 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Kevin Davies could be sidelined hopefully this weekend due to illness. He has been recovering this week and is hoping to be fit in time for Sunday!

Damn them for not playing on SAT!

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Re: Kevin Davies Out -

Post by dh1985 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Davies rips Arsenal to shreds. He scares the hell out of them. We need him back for this game. We won't beat Arsenal playing football. We'll beat them by getting in their faces and disrupting their rhythm. Davies does that better than anyone. Seeing him out and Elmander in will give them a huge boost.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter82 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 pm

but thats it, we can beat anyone with footbll if its done right.

what your saying is just how megson used to apprach things.

trotter82
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Megson approached games hoping not to lose. In what part of my message did I convey that? I said we can beat Arsenal!

However, you're naive if you think we can beat them playing football. If we try and go toe to toe against Arsenal playing football, we will lose. They have better players, more skillful players who are technically gifted and have played that style of football for years, not for 6 days under a new manager.

Of course I hope that we mix it up and try and play it round on the deck but we need Davies in there to rattle them and disrupt their game plan before we can impose ours.

Think back to how we beat them previously. Arsenal hated coming to the Reebok as we never game them any time to settle. They knew that the second they got the ball, they'd have some one crunching in on them in a slide tackle.

We disrupted their rhythm and stopped them playing and then we imposed our own strengths upon them i.e our strength for set plays and corners etc.

I remember Davies closing down their left back who passed it their centreback, who Davies then closed down, who then passed to their other centreback, who Davies then closed down, who passd it to their right back, who Davies then closed down, who put it out for a throw in. If we can get everyone showing that desire and hunger to win, then we have every chance of beating Arsenal. If we try and play possession football against one of the best teams in the world, they will think it's still Christmas and they'll give us an arse kicking.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter82 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:59 am

I think we need a bit of both so I'm torn about who should start.
Our kick and rush knock them about idea has not worked in recent games and that is what they will be expecting from Bolton at home.

We need to shock them, and I think we could do just that with Coyle in charge.

If we keep the ball off them then they have less time to use it against us. That is a key to me.

trotter82
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 am

We don't have the players to play possession football and to keep the ball away from them though. Against Burnley, yeah, why not try that tactic. In that match we do have the better players.

Davies HAS to start Sunday because, like Wendy said in another post, they'll put 2 players on him just deal with his ariel threat allowing Klasnic more space to do what he does best and that's scoirng. Will they give two shiny shits about Elmander? Will they bollocks!

If we have Davies in the team, we can have the best of both worlds. Davies can scare the hell out of them and that will create space for the other players to, hopefully, exploit. If that is by a neat passing move, all the better.

As for the tactic not working in recent games, that is because, under Megson, we sat back and gave them too much time and space to let them pass and move, although last season they were absolutely superb first half and played better than I can remember an away team playing at The Reebok. They wewre pure class.

If we get in their faces tomorrow and really have a go at them from the off, like Coyle has said we will, then we can beat them. It's a simple as that. I would have great reservations about whether we would be able to get a result if Elmander plays.

It's irrelevant anyway as if Davies is fit, he will play! Here's hoping, from me anyway, that he is.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top