THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2-0 (better?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2-0 (better?)

Post by jayjay23 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I thought it was better, anyone?

I thought we created some actual real chances created properly.
I also thought it was for the most part Bolton on the front foot although Arsenal looked to have too much space and time, and looked dangerous when they had it.

Chung Lee was great, gardner showed a lot more ability than Taylor. Taylor wasted chances and posession so many times it was unreal.
We had more purpose going forward but were sometimes slow. Our midfield looks non existent at times.
I think I would start Mark Davies and Muamba or Mccann (maybe) but we need a new centre mid. And taylor is poor in almost all areas.

I thought our productivity deserved a goal and im not sure if the klasnic goal was offside.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Re: 2-0 (better?)

Post by mangler on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:51 am

I was pretty pleased with the effort and thought there was a decent atmosphere at the place.

I thought Davo brought Chung into the game really well - Lee was great to watch. Taylor was wank. I thought Knight had a decentish game and made two excellent tackles that probably would've been goals if he hadn't.

Jussi made a couple of top saves but let himself down by being indecisive in coming off his line - especially that one he left to Steinsson, whic put us under some pressure.

Just a shame that Robbo didn't do some real damage to Fabregas... could do with him out for the 2nd leg!!
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

second leg lol,

yes taylor was useless imo. lee was inspirational.
our central mids were kind of over run, we need a boss in the middle to dictate the game. i dont mean a gob, i mean a player.

klasnic looked a bit unfit but still seems really dangerous when he has half a chance.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Darequam on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Yeah guys!!
I was glad althru ystrday match, even thou we lost the match, I kno a team with such performance against the likes of inform Arsenal can't relegate and its still possible we challenge for Uefa if we get a gud midfieldr dis january and keep our head up...
Bolton till I die
Glad to cee a manager that plays to d tune of his fans.
Darequam
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter82 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Better in some ways, and the ways we didnt improve we can still blame on megson? Yes?
Thought so.

Right. Midfield was easily by passed a lot of the time by their players, they seemed to have all the time in the world. Matt Taylor was pants. I think a few have noticed that. I don't know how some thought it was his best game for a while. He mis controlled mis tackled mis passed and missed golden chances too. I think he should have made way at half time even.

I think 2-0 was a bit flattering for Arsenal although I am of course a little biased. But I thought on another day we could have bagged a few of those chances.

Joking aside about Megson from earlier, I actually do think the players have a bit of the Megson mentality still stuck in them. Like not being ready or expecting a quick throw in or free kick, or short goal kick. The ball goes out of play or back to the keeper and all the players turn and start trotting up towards half way or further as if getting ready for the inevitable hoof. As if completely brain washed.

One more gripe, breaking out of defence. The ball was plyed to Lee on the right and there was maybe one player ahead of him in an unreachable position, Arsenal were mostly pushed quite far forward, but our midfielders just ambled out from the edge of our box, slower than jogging pace, Lee had to hold it up and eventually all the potential for an attack was lost.

What I'm thinking here is either A, our players are lazy or dont have a clue. or B, are still in Megson mode and expected the ball to be hoofed up the field by Lee in search of an impossible target and so ambled out not even realising that a break was possible, just waiting for the ball to come back at them as we have become accustomed to seeing.

trotter82
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:25 pm

I thought that Lee and Steinsson were fantastic yesterday.

I read today that Coyle will give Elmander his chance. Does that mean he'll start him on Wednesday? If so, does that mean he expects no points? Or, will he start him and pull him off if he is kack?
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Darequam on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm

We don't kno, but I guess elmander will do bettr with those chances Taylor squandred. Megson was unable to make the team play that kind of style that'l suit a sluggish kinda striker, maybe Coyle'll be able to.
If Elmander was to just pick up decent passes from a gud midfield and target the net, I think he'll do well.
Darequam
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislanz on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 am

I think we would do better having muamba man marking fabregas, he once marked steven gerard out of the game and i have no doubt he could do it again with fabregas

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 am

yeah, i thought that, muamba should mark cesc out of the game and bring mark davies in to be the creative spark.
have gardner left and lee right, pace down the right attacking threat but able to mix it up with gardners interceptions and defensive abilites as well as able to attack. could be good.

Admin
Team Manager

http://bwfcboard.sendboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 am

bigsamsarmyusa wrote:I thought that Lee and Steinsson were fantastic yesterday.

I read today that Coyle will give Elmander his chance. Does that mean he'll start him on Wednesday? If so, does that mean he expects no points? Or, will he start him and pull him off if he is kack?

If he starts any game, I imagine it will be on Saturday against Sheff Utd. Probably be instead of Klasnic though unless Coyle decides to 'rest' his captain.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum