THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Does anybody still use this place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anybody still use this place?

Post by Big_Sharps on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:40 pm

I was having a look at how active this place is and it still seems dead as fuck , Ive deactivated my burnden aces account and have decided to express my nonsense elsewhere but if this place is as dead as seems might have to stick to wanderersways or the bolton news forum which has probably perked up now megson has gone.

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anybody still use this place?

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

No still here and posting, I would have thought you would greatly help to liven the place up nicely. We ought to work to build this up as we have much more freedom here.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:41 pm

A few user it. More seem to browse and not post, which isn't helpful.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by drtobs on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 am

i use it, and i think i will get more into it when more people post.
i suppose a lot of others are the same, there seem to be watchers all the time, im often one of them.

drtobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:49 am

Well I know some of you wanted to ban sluffy from here when you had
your spat with him but he too has his beady eyes wandering over this
place.

This place does seem pretty dead if im honest and im not
too sure how you would go about boosting its profile , I suppose it
depends on the owners willingness to make it a success.

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:46 am

well, im up for boosting its profile, if somebody works with me a bit or something that could help.

what happened to you on BA? and im not bothered if sluffy comes here, people might have a pop at him but im sure he can defend himself well enough.

Admin
Team Manager

http://bwfcboard.sendboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:55 am

Nothing scandalous just decided it wasnt for me anymore disagreement with Tims best friend and the rest is history.

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:16 am

well, welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy.

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by laughtoe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 am

Build it up, though "Admin" should really have kept the Prediction league going each week. Too late now.

Saw Breezeblock at the match on sunday. He's in fine fettle but has been too busy to do much surfing. He said.
laughtoe
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 am

seems odd that the breeze stopped posting the day megson (who he defended to the death) was pronounced dea.. sacked.

Re prediction league i do feel like sacking it now, a few things went wrong, i was trying this auto thing to add up the scores it didnt work, i did it manually it took ages, then when i'd practically caught up i had a massive pc crash and it all got corrupted, then i was ill and then trotter82 said he would do half of it and he has done it wrong (or she). so each time i said i was putting it up i was really going to do so. - its like its cursed. i could just spend a half day tomoro re doing it if people still want2 enter it, but will everyone play still if i spend all that time re catching it up?

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 am

As Sharps rightly says, this messageboard is dead...that's the main reason I haven't bothered posting recently. There are so few members we may as well just text each other.
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 am

So why didn't you take up the offer from the forum... you
know this site has limitations and there are a couple of others who could help
out...!
You can't even guarantee this site will be live tomorrow... because you don't
control it..!
it was a great idea to start it up ......coz we were left in limbo after the
club pulled the plug on the official board.....I've put a lot into keeping this
site going ... but it's too limited to move forward with....!
You really do need to think what you want to do..... Obviously its hard work on
your own...... this sites been up and running now for 4-5mths and still only
has 50 odd members..... Who all know each other so well.... we could actually
post comments for each other...!
the only way forward is to attract new members....and you can't attract enough of them on a 'sendboard' that you can't even get a google or search engine listing for...
This is one of the reasons it dies a death ...... nothing to say that hasn't been said by one of us.... and why you need a constant flow of new members...!
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 am

breezeblock wrote:As Sharps rightly says, this messageboard is dead...that's the main reason I haven't bothered posting recently. There are so few members we may as well just text each other.

Swapping numbers sounds so incredibly horny i couldnt believe i didnt think of it first.

Where you currently posting breeze apart from bolton news forum . any good ones you can suggest? Im surprised you dont use wanderers ways im sure they would love your sense of humour

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am

Sharps, I only post on BN now and that's not very busy either and it's full of old cunts using false names all the time. I was going to join the BBC one but a) it looks shite B) it is shite c) you can't post after Grange Hill has been on and d) some c*nt has already used my name as well as another c*nt calling himself Reebok bricks (or something similar) who people seem to think is me anyway (it isn't).

As for WanderersWays, it's a good site but everyone knows each other from years back on there and it feels like gatecrashing a private party. The bwfcforum site looks well run but it's not very user-friendly and the font size is aimed at people with reading difficulties and those who spell their names with numbers and hand signs.

I do post on a few political sites so that tends to satisfy my post lust although I have had to bleach my anus to get membership. I caught a glimpse of myself getting out of the shower and got an erection. I'm thinking of asking myself out but I'm scared of rejection.

It's just a shame Burnden Aces took the lead after the official board broke down - it's a well built site but with too many phonies and ego-mad moderators.
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 am

breezeblock wrote: The bwfcforum site looks well run but it's not very user-friendly and the font size is aimed at people with reading difficulties and those who spell their names with numbers and hand signs.

ok breeze..... as you know this site was set up to replace the official board...and we have tried hard to replicate that board.... it was also done for 'us'... the posters of that board... but this has been difficult because although its up and running, listed and gaining members by the day..... it hasn't got 'us'....
there has been a loyalty thing with this board..... and I can kind of understand that because jayjay has put alot into it... I feel the same way...!
but there has been a 'topic' on the forum asking how to improve the site... so why not take the oppotunity to 'improve' the font and the user- friendly issues and make the site what it was built for.....?
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am

also.... the people who are posting on the forum apart from a couple of us are new... or from other sites looking for something new... they don't post much now because its quiet... but when things were happening last week... people started to get involved abit more.... !

the thing is... it will eventually pick up... it does get on average 200 hits a day from unique browsers which for a site that is less than 2 moths old is pretty good... so although not alot are posting.... theres alot reading what is posted...!
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

I'll keep checking in from time to time but I'm afraid I'll be elsewhere from now on.
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:45 am

breezeblock wrote:Sharps, I only post on BN now and that's not very busy either and it's full of old cunts using false names all the time. I was going to join the BBC one but a) it looks shite B) it is shite c) you can't post after Grange Hill has been on and d) some c*nt has already used my name as well as another c*nt calling himself Reebok bricks (or something similar) who people seem to think is me anyway (it isn't).

As for WanderersWays, it's a good site but everyone knows each other from years back on there and it feels like gatecrashing a private party. The bwfcforum site looks well run but it's not very user-friendly and the font size is aimed at people with reading difficulties and those who spell their names with numbers and hand signs.

I do post on a few political sites so that tends to satisfy my post lust although I have had to bleach my anus to get membership. I caught a glimpse of myself getting out of the shower and got an erection. I'm thinking of asking myself out but I'm scared of rejection.

It's just a shame Burnden Aces took the lead after the official board broke down - it's a well built site but with too many phonies and ego-mad moderators.

It is a decent site but got bored of the barney i love you , you love me shite it was turning into. I find it quite odd the number of people who are slagging me off despite me never really commenting about them but hey ho its easy to pass judgement when that person cant say anything to defend themselves.

You are spot on about wanderersways it is very difficult to get noticed unless you are an outright wum and try to wind them up which isnt something I wish to do and that isnt really a negative because it just goes to show how populor the site is.

My just stick with ww and bolton news although im convinced that natasha is actually julie moores , they have the same distinct dungaree wearing writing style.

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am

I do agree that a big opportuntity was missed, when you let the PREDICTOR LEAGUE go. Despite my efforts to keep it going.

I know you had your problems, but it would have kept an interest in the board, instead of creating endless threads that nobody posts on.

I do like this site though, unlike BURNDEN ACES, which is full of tedious long threads that I can't be bothered to read, when I could be in my garden shed spanking the au pair.
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm

I like it here and if breeze and sharps stick around I am sure we can have some lively debates.
What happened to the new site that was being built?
I got banned from BN site too!

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm

tim_rigby wrote:I like it here and if breeze and sharps stick around I am sure we can have some lively debates.
What happened to the new site that was being built?
I got banned from BN site too!

Thats the thing.... the new site has been built.... www.bwfcforum.co.uk

you like it here because you feel familiar here... you know everyone,
this is why we built the new site... so we could keep the familiarity
and stick it to the club.. especially after they tried to silence us...!

and Tim.... how many debates can you have with breeze and sharps without it becoming

Monotonous......?

josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 pm

No I thought these guys on here were building a new site?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

who..... there's only jayjay....!
he put this site together temporally to give us somewhere to carry on
posting.....!
this isn't a website..... this is the problem with it...! there’s nowhere to
go.... do you spend endless time and money marketing a site you don't own or
control or that can't be found unless you specifically give out the
address....?
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm

well who is admin? I thought JayJay was building a new website

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

jayjay is admin too....! they're one and the same....!

I think jayjay would like to build a new site but this would cost money and I don't think he has the neccessary experience to do it just yet... !

whats the point in that... when he could be part of and help run the forum at no cost and gain all the experience he needs .....?

the offer is still there for him.... like I've said... the site was built for us... I'd rather 'we' use it and run it...!
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

So who owns the BWFCforum?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Fucking Hell Josh and burnley think owen coyle is judas , he aint got nothing on you son.

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Big_Sharps wrote:Fucking Hell Josh and burnley think owen coyle is judas , he aint got nothing on you son.

ah but we know he's not Sharps......!

he'd gone as far as he was going to go...! he just knew when the right time was to move on....!
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Does anyone know what the status is of "Proboards"? I go on a literature board that is a Proboards forum and the administrator does have to spend money (I think) but there are ads on the different pages of the boards. That's the type of site that will show up on Google searches, etc.

As for it being quiet here, instead of saying "It's quiet here so I'm not posting", why not post and make it more interesting and garner replies?

Pthorpe hasn't been on for a while but that's because he is out of country but should be returning from New Zealand imminently and will resume posting.

I've tried to get Wayne to join, to no avail. I contacted Jimbo a while back but he must have opted to stay with BA. Wakey posts here but he posts more at BA. Didle posts only at BA.

As with Josh, I've posted something pretty much every day to try and keep the site going. I hope it will continue and that others will do their bit to make it happen.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top