THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

great elmander summary i think -

View previous topic View next topic Go down

great elmander summary i think -

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 am

this was posted-

Elmander, having watched him for a decade, does have clear talent. He was brought here to be another Davies but with more technical ability and I said at the time (to Jimbo, Wendy and others) that it was entirely the wrong view to take of him. He was asked to do what he is entirely unsuited to do. Elmander is big, but he's not a Davies-type player. He's not that good in the air, but he can head when attacking the ball. His ability is when the ball is played to his feet and players make runs. He has always had the creativity and ability to find the runner and link midfield to attack. He can only lead the line if supported by pace and made the hub of a short-passing attack; to allow him to make flick-ons with his feet and make little runs and turns to get the yard on the more clumsy type of centreback that the Prem seems to be growing out of. He's a link-forward in this league and he won't do anything if used in the wrong way. Used in the right way (if he can recover from his start with us) he could be a very effective unorthodox forward.

He's shown in European cups and Internationals that he can make some of the best defenders around look like 'chumps' with the skill and touch fans that Bolton have not seen. I don't accept a player becomes bad in 18 months; like Benjani wasn't bad because of his start at Pompey, or Adebayor's start at Arsenal, or Diouf's at Liverpool......Natasha is half-right in that players who move from france can need time to get the picture that they can't expect to play the same was as they did in Ligue 1. But players can come from France, struggle, and still be good players (look at the three i listed).

in reply to this topic-

Owen Coyle stated he will give Elmander all the time he needs. He even stated "He came to Bolton with a very good reputation and I can see why He has all the weapons a really good player needs.

Yes Coyle he does have all the weapons but can you use him right, can you grow a pair of bollocks and drop Kevin Davies and use him as a impact sub? we will soon see.

Klasnic will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of working with Elmander, i can see his frustration linking up with Davies.

Admin
Team Manager

http://bwfcboard.sendboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: great elmander summary i think -

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 am

oh, on ba that is.

Admin
Team Manager

http://bwfcboard.sendboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 pm

And I know who the author is: Azreal.

I remember him saying all that before Elmander joined us and we were only being linked.

He also said that he wasn't worth the amounts of money being mentioned.

Azreal knows his football and his players.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top